"Sump"thing is up? SERVPRO of Columbus can help!
When the rain pours do you check your sump pump?
If you answered no to this question here are some things to consider checking:
- Is there power to the sump pump? Check that it is plugged in and the breaker is not tripped.
- Is the float free of any debris and away from the sidewall where it won’t work properly?
- Is the inlet free of any debris that could prevent it from pumping the water out?
- Does the pump work? An easy way to test this is by filling the pit with enough water to reach the float of the sump pump to trigger the pump.
- Another thing that you should check is where the sump pump drains. Ensure that it drains far enough from the foundation that the water doesn't leak right back in.
A properly working sump pump can save you considerable amounts of money after a significant rainfall event.
If damage does occur though, SERVPRO of Columbus is here to help!